Preloader Close

Parents Sponsorship

Canadian citizens and permanent residents are able to sponsor their parents and grandparents to immigrate to Canada. Parents and grandparents approved under this program receive Canadian permanent residence and may eventually be able to apply for Canadian citizenship. The Parents and Grandparents Program opens once a year. It lets citizens and permanent residents of Canada sponsor their parents and grandparents to come to Canada.

Who is eligible for family sponsorship in Canada?

You can sponsor certain relatives if you're 18 years of age or older and a: Canadian citizen—a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or. a permanent resident of Canada.

Rules to apply for a sponsor parents and grandparents for canadian immigration visa?​

  1. 1. permanent resident card (both sides)
    2. Record of Landing (IMM 1000) (only if you didn’t get a permanent resident card)
    3. Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688)
    4. Canadian citizenship certificate or card (both sides)
    5. Canadian birth certificate
    a. We’ll only accept a birth certificate from the Directeur de l’État civil if you were born in Quebec.
    6. Canadian passport (pages showing passport number, date of issue and expiration, photo, name, surname, place, and date of birth)
    7. secure certificate of country status

How does parent sponsorship work in Canada?​

Under the family sponsorship programs, a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada aged 18 or more can sponsor certain family members to become Canadian permanent residents. Those family members can live, study, and work in Canada with that permanent residence.

How long does sponsorship for parents take in Canada?​

The projected processing time for the program is 20 to 24 months. Parents or grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents may be eligible to apply for the Parent And Grandparent Super Visa, with significantly less processing time.

How can I permanently bring my parents to Canada?​

Suppose you submitted the interest to the sponsor form and were invited to apply to the intake. In that case, you can support your parents and grandparents to become permanent residents of Canada (Under some dates and conditions).

Fee for Parents Sponsorship Canada?​

Sponsor your spouse or partner (without right of permanent residence fee) Sponsorship fee ($75) and principal applicant processing fee ($490)

Funds Needed for a Parents Sponsorship?

       Size of Family Unit                                 Minimum necessary gross income

              2 persons                                                                $32,270
              3 persons                                                                $39,672
              4 persons                                                                $48,167
              5 persons                                                                $54,630

How do you calculate family members?​

To calculate your family size, include:
• yourself
• your spouse or common-law partner (who could also be your co-signer)
  1. 1. if your spouse or common-law partner is co-signing, include them in all 3 years
    2. if they are not co-signing, only include them starting the year, they meet the definition of a spouse or common-law partner
• your dependent children (and the dependent children of your spouse or partner above)
  1. 1. only include your children if they meet the definition of a dependent child
    2. for young children, only include them starting on the year they were born
    3. any dependent children of your dependent children
• any other person you (and your co-signer, if this applies) may have sponsored in the past, for whom you’re still financially responsible
• If this applies, the parents and grandparents you want to sponsor and their dependents (spouse, partner, and dependent children). You must also include
  1. 1. any dependent children who won’t come to Canada with your parents or grandparents
    2. your parent or grandparent’s spouse or partner, even if they won’t come to Canada
    3. your parent or grandparents’ separated spouse

Infinity Consultants is one of the top Visa Consultancy Services. Our USP is our dedicated client service and comprehensive acquaintance and wisdom of our Immigration Experts about the Immigration Systems in practice worldwide.

Suppose you are looking for a Parents Sponsorship. In that case, you are at the right place because we are providing you with end-to-end solutions to every issue.

Connect with us now for any kindly immigration solution because here, our experts are ready to answer your every query.